Friday, July 31, 2009

Bean Bags and Eggs






DSC_7013 copy



Today we had bean bag races followed by egg races. SO fun!!! This morning I stitched up these bean bags from old receiving blankets and filled them with rice. It takes about 5 minutes per bag. Very easy! I just cut a random size, stitched the wrong sides together, left a hole, turned them inside out and filled them with rice. I then ran a stitch across the opening. If you don't put too much rice inside you can do that last stitch with the machine.



1


First they raced with the bean bags on their heads. I was going to have them play relay style but I didn't think my girls would understand. So everybody went at the same time. When my girls get older, we'll do two teams (my son was too busy putting together a train set that he hasn't seen since our move and my youngest was off throwing a temper tantrum!)

2


My girls were totally into this and gave the boys some good competition!

3


I switched things up after several races. They each took a turn calling out the body part to hold the bean bag. We did one shoulder, the knees~hopping, the elbows out in front, the nose, and under the shirt!

Look at the air under my little one! Can you tell that she was loving this?

DSC_6932 copy


When we were done with the bean bags I got a package of eggs. The kids did their first ever egg race and LOVED it!

DSC_6934 copy

A three way tie, perfection! The were all so pleased to share the title!


DSC_6963 copy

All 5 kids in action and one hungry dog swooping in on the broken eggs!

DSC_6997 copy

I ended the fun when the kids were dripping with sweat. They've already asked to do this again so I'm sure we will go back out after they have a little rest. But we'll limit our yard to 18 eggs today!


All 18 eggs were cleaned up by Bear Bear. Gross, there's nothing that dog won't eat! I should have taken a picture but I didn't, I was too busy making the kids popcorn and getting a movie on!

Now, I am going to kick my feet up while they're all quite.....who am I kidding, somebody is going to need me in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1................

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun! I'll have to keep coming back to your blogs just to find things to do with my nieces and nephews!

    Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at your creativity and energy Karen!!! You are the best MOm!

    ReplyDelete